Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Find the Trash and Take It Out.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.


Can you imagine how many tons of garbage fill the landfills of this Earth? I certainly can't. I know for me I save everything and occasionally I'll throw a few pounds of trash away. However, I know there's a lot of trash out there...I've seen it.

Remember how yesterday I told you how clean the tabernacle was in the Promise land? There were so many "cleaning" measures in effect to make sure that house wasn't filled with impurities.

And for today...expanding a little bit...all that garbage that fills our bodies and minds. Sometimes we're in such a sludge of garbage.

You're body is precious so take care of it. It's a gift from God. Practice good, healthy eating habits and dude, no drugs, alcohol, or smoking! In all seriousness, God likes it when we don't let illegal substances fog up our mind and well-being. This doesn't only include our physical well-being, but our spiritual well-being as well. Everything from stealing to cursing, disrupts this flow of well-being. It's like living in a big, nasty garbage dump!

How much garbage do you have in your life? I don't mean that in a harsh way, but take that trash out...you know the dreaded chore. Don't clutter your body, your mind, or your life with stuff that will interfere with your relationship with God. Think about what trash you can take out today.

Each body has its art... ~Gwendolyn Brooks

No comments: