Thursday, February 19, 2009

Believe it on Your Own.

Mark 10:52
52 And Jesus said to him, “Go, for your faith has healed you.” Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus down the road.


The question of the day is: What does God really want from us? (You might want to refer back to October 27 post).

*Warning: the answer to the question isn't about bribing God. Saying, "Oh God let me do this for you, so you can make my life all better" is not what this is all about. You can have faith, and expect God to heal you and your situation(s), but there's no guarantees. Remember, God has his game plan all made out!*

Jesus wants us to believe in him and trust him. Sometimes I trust people a little too much if you can do that. A couple years ago someone said something and I said, "Oh, really?" I actually believed whatever it was he or she said. They then said, "Yeah, did you know gullible isn't in the dictionary?" Again, I actually believed that for a second. I said, "Hmm...I wonder why." Then I was laughing at how silly that was. It would be great if I could believe in God that much, and not just be called gullible by listening to what others say about things...Certainly what others say about him. I want to personally know he's there all the time. This can be done by feeling his presence and reading his Word.

He wants us to trust him in such a way that we are CONVINCED of his power, goodness, and love. Reading the Bible certainly helps.

"God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to." ~Elisabeth Elliot

"There are always uncertainties ahead, but there is always one certainty--God's will is good." ~Vernon Paterson

No comments: