Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hope During the Trying Times.

Isaiah 40:31
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.


I'm writing today of something that's of the unplanned sort. On Tuesday, I went down to the local television station in which I've been in good contact for the last 10 years. This was one of many visits. I'm going to major in meteorology and I've always had an interest in weather. The entire process from behind the scenes is just incredible. I began to reminisce saying "One day...this is what I'll be doing. I was floating on cloud nine.

As soon as we walked out of the studio, I noticed that the sunny skies earlier were now being replaced by a few rain showers. Was this is a sign? On the way home, we heard some devastating news from my Aunt Sandy. She has lung cancer that has metastasized into her bones. It was shocking to hear how aggressive the cancer was...treatment would be starting in a couple days.

This is all just a reminder to me of how thankful we should be for waking up healthy each day. You never know what's going to happen from one day to the next, whether it's happening personally, within your close family, or to a complete stranger.

One thing that I noticed during the conversation was that Aunt Sandy was very hopeful. She mentioned the power of prayer a couple times. Unfortunately, it's times like these where we come closer to God. We want our loved ones to be healthy again. We don't want to grow weary. For that to happen, we have to turn to the Lord.

Keep Aunt Sandy in your prayers, please. Lord, keep the hope within her so that her strength may be renewed and rekindled. Lastly, may you grant some understanding.

Staying in the spirit, here's a wonderful song: "Let The Waters Rise."



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: