Thursday, June 10, 2010

Going All In.

Romans 12:1
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.


I know in the past I've used this Bible verse when it comes to sacrificing your time for God. Today I want to expand on this a little more. As I read this recently, I thought about a sermon I heard several months ago.

Have you ever seen professional poker players on television? It's something to watch, but way too tense for me. It's pretty common to see people all their chips in the middle of the table and say "I'm all in." For those who don't play poker, that means someone is betting everything based on one hand. That's brave! I know poker fans think this is exciting, but I could never press my luck that much. How could you even begin to bet on something with such a high degree of uncertainty when it comes to the outcome?

Similarly, God wants us to go "all in." Don't just go "all in" on Sundays. Don't just pray before dinner each night and every time you come across a challenge. We have to dedicate lots of time for him willing to give him everything without hesitation. It's time to put Christ in the center of your life.

The best thing of all is that it isn't much of a gamble; we already know the much desirable results that you can gain from making such a Godly sacrifice: grace and mercy, unending love, and eternity in heaven above.

I leave you today asking the question: "Are you willing to go 'all in'?" What could you do better to give God 100 percent? Make a list of a few things that are hindering this "all in" movement from happening. Pray about your list over at least the next few days.

Don't just think you're able for God, be available for God!

No comments: