Friday, June 18, 2010

Anticipation.

Romans 8:19
19 The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.


I love that middle phrase "eager expectation." It's not just a pretty alliteration that sounds good. It's something that you should love and cause you to hop out of your seat!

What's the most exciting moment you've ever had? For some, it may be a marriage or a child being born. For me, most recently, it was my high school graduation. Just the sweat dripping off my head as I eagerly waited to go on stage and get my diploma gave me the chills and made me sweat at the same time. There are all different kinds of excitement. I remember the old ketchup commercials with the "anticipation" song. It's a bit frustrating, but it's still exciting as you see the ketchup coming out of the bottle adding to your already scrumptious meal.

As children of God we're waiting so eagerly for transformation due to the revelation of God's awesome power. God's children become a new creation as they anticipate the second coming of Jesus Christ!

With that said, it's easy to get wrapped up in death and better life. You can't just forget about the life you're living to help better God's kingdom. Just remember, God brings redemption. Set your mind on the glorification of God when he does return.

I don't know about you, but since God is love, I'm waiting for the day where I can say "Love Has Come" as the song by Mark Schultz suggests. My favorite line is when it says: "That God is love and love has come for us all."



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: