Monday, June 21, 2010

Dusting Out Our Lives.

Ephesians 1:7
7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace


As I'm getting ready to leave for college later this week, which departure is scheduled for Thursday night, I have been cleaning up and packing items away that I will take with me. In the process, I have found stuff that I forgot about along with some minor items that I misplaced. Additionally, there have been floating dust bunnies. They creep around in the corners, around doors, and under furniture.

Dust bunnies, mites, and other alien species kick up my allergies from my nose and mouth to my eyes. The only solution is to clean and vacuum more frequently. When the dust bunnies are gone I can breathe easier and cleaner. If only, I could just clean it once and the bunnies would stay away forever, but it doesn't work that way.

Compare that to our spiritual houses and lives. How many dust bunnies clog our insides and make us spiritually ill? If we want to rid ourselves of the dust bunnies, an important solution to this process is to remind ourselves of cleanliness - forgiveness. We are to forgive others.

Sure, no one necessarily deserves God's grace. However, it's there. He gives it to us. We're all worthy. Therefore, if God forgives us we must forgive others. You're going to have to learn to forgive others. Lord, help us to be gracious and forgiving toward others in our everyday lives.

No comments: