Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Call Out from God.

Isaiah 6:8
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"


Sorry there was no post yesterday. At my first weekend of college, Internet issues arose. Anyways, onto today's post...

God didn't just call out to Isaiah. In fact, Isaiah was eavesdropping on God's call to others. Well really, he wasn't eavesdropping, because God's call is meant for everyone. The question is just whether or not your in-tune to God's frequency and how much of a desirable attitude you have for God.

Those who accept God into their lives are affected greatly by the relationship. Their ears can listen to the voice of God. God doesn't single out anyone. Even though he'd like you to accept him as your Lord and Savior, we all have free will. Therefore, we are not forced to do his will. However, I love Isaiah's response: "Here am I. Send me!" The coolest part of it is that Isaiah said this on his own - free will!

I think many people believe that God will come to them and change their life. While God does have open arms for you, you have to go to him and receive him. If you're waiting in the shadows because you lost God, be open to the Holy Spirit which will let us encounter God. If you do this, you can easily hear the voice of the Lord and say with conviction "Here I am. Send me" just as Starfield's song "I Will Go" says along with the book of Isaiah.



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site strongfaithmatters.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Tyler said...

Hi. What do you mean exchange links?