Wednesday, December 31, 2008

He is Present During Every Movement and New Year.

John 1:1-5, 14
1 In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God.
3 God created everything through him,
and nothing was created except through him.
4 The Word gave life to everything that was created,
and his life brought light to everyone.
5 The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness can never extinguish it.
14 So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.


You probably noticed "The Word" mentioned several times above. That phrase is synonymous to Jesus in today's verses. The word has become flesh. Even though Christ has entered the dark world, he is not overwhelmed by it.

Jesus has been around since the beginning (as the Earth was created). This includes every time we go into the new year and every second of your life. What about tomorrow and the next day? He'll be there. After all, there are no holiday vacations for Jesus!

Are you having trouble getting this past year behind you? Do you think Jesus is non-existent? Pray to him. I just started reading a book called The Shack. It brings up the question Does God exist during difficult times? Down the road, I plan on discussing the book in a series of posts.

A heathen philosopher once asked a Christian, 'Where is God'? The Christian answered, 'Let me first ask you, Where is He not?' ~Aaron Arrowsmith

3 comments:

Robby said...

Hey!, I just found this as directed from Kim's blog, and...Wow, you've been doing this for a long time!
And I've heard of the Shack, but not read it yet, it's good though?

Robby said...

wow, I didn't realize I was reading one from 2 years ago.

Tyler said...

Yeah, I've been doing this for a while. I find myself learning a lot and recognizing so many passages from the Bible. And yes, read the Shack it's so good. I can you let you borrow mine if you want.