Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jesus is the Light of the World.

Matthew 5:14-16
14 “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. 15No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.


We say it all the time at my church..."Jesus is the Light of the World!" In fact, in my mind he is brighter than any star.

However, you can also twist it around and say we are the light of the world, as the verse says. You know how I've been saying how the world is a dark place? (You can see it in the news). Well Jesus can help turn that around. We are to reflect the light that we have found in Jesus. Don't just shine your light sometimes, shine it whenever and wherever you can - and in all places where darkness resides. Bring the dark places to light!

Prayer: Dear God, help me shine a light all around me. Let me do as you would do and bless others.
In your blessed name, Amen.

"For light I go directly to the Source of light, not to any of the reflections." ~Peace Pilgrim

P.S. This is my 100th post and what a perfect topic! See Jesus is the Light of the World. I could never say everything I say if it weren't for the Holy Spirit. I pray that God continues to give the opportunity to share the Word and what it means to me everyday. Happy Thursday!

No comments: