Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year = New Slate.

Matthew 11:28
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.


When you purchase something new...it looks good and I guess you could say it smells good too! I'm funny that way. Well, it is true :)

Now that the new year is here, let this be your opportunity to change your ways. What did you come up with for your "spiritual" resolution that I talked about in the devotion a couple days ago? You can start over (technically you can start over any day, but why not today while you're thinking about it). No matter what you've done, God forgives you and clears away your sins (now you see them, now you don't!!!) He expects us to be far from perfect, but when you ask for forgiveness he does just that. He provides you with rest from your burdens, including everything that troubles you. You my friend, have a new slate waiting for you. That is the best gift you can get. It's better than any of your other gifts that you received this holiday season. Now you just have to stay at it. Don't venture too far from God!

"The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul” ~G.K. Charleston

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I wish you a spectacular year full of God's blessings. May you see him throughout the next 365 days!

Don't forget to leave me comments at heytbone92@gmail.com whenever you feel led to do so.

No comments: