Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wipe Them Away.

Psalm 51:1-3
1 Have mercy on me, O God,
because of your unfailing love.
Because of your great compassion,
blot out the stain of my sins.
2 Wash me clean from my guilt.
Purify me from my sin.
3 For I recognize my rebellion;
it haunts me day and night.


I'm not sure who is speaking here, but I do know, that whoever it is, he is confessing his sin to God. You can hear his uncertainty, his guilt that is mounted on his forehead. He is beside himself because of the sin he committed.

That's pretty easy to understand. It's not always easy for us to get out of the guilt trap we place upon ourselves. Often we beg to God that he will remove those burdens that we have before us, while in the back of our minds we still know that God has vowed to forgive us.

We can't ever be reminded enough of God's mercy, healing, and unconditional love he provides for us through Christ.

Thank Christ for the price he paid to make this truth 'a moment with God away.'

Use the Psalm above and turn it into a prayer. I'll get you started: Dear Lord...
:)

“You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let God do the rest.” ~Author Unknown



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: