Thursday, January 22, 2009

Perfect Peace.

Isaiah 26:3
3 You will keep in perfect peace
all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you!


I thought it was the perfect time to talk about peace since we're going through a huge transition in power even after all the challenges America has faced in the last several months (of course hope is good too which we talked about in the previous four posts).

A lot has happened since I last talked to you (I'll get to the personal stuff at the end). Martin Luther King Jr. day was on Monday, as we have an annual holiday to commemorate his work and peace efforts. Also, Inauguration Day was on Tuesday. Yesterday was certainly one of those moments in history that I'll never forget...one that I will tell my kids, etc. about.

The key word above is transition. It's through this transition period that we have to be patient, hopeful, and at peace with one another. I know President Obama has issued some proclamations already but nothing as of yet will significantly turn things around. I don't blame him either...I would probably ponder for a while too (keep in mind he's in his second day). We just have to give him time. He will do some things you won't like, I promise you that. Nonetheless, God will work through him...I can see it already! Let the future under Obama be as memorable as yesterday was - the day of his inauguration ceremony. Obama said something like this in his speech, I will do my best to protect you, but you need to do your part as well. If you haven't watched the speech you should watch it online.

Americans need to cope in the midst of suffering, even though it sounds tough. Remember the ultimate leader is God. You can focus on him, rather than current troubles, as Isaiah suggested. He will never lose control. He has a plan in mind. He will stick around through EVERY single battle.

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” ~Peace Pilgrim

P.S. I've spent the last 5 days or so with my brother, sister-in-law, and baby nephew from California. It's always a treat to see them because I don't get to see them much. I had a great time, mostly filled with relaxation! I'm also delighted to say that my nephew got baptized on Sunday. It was a wonderful reminder of God's grace.

I hope you have been blessed this past week and I hope more of the same will be true for the foreseeable future.

No comments: