Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spiritual Band-Aid.

Psalm 64:1
1 Hear me, O God, as I voice my complaint;
protect my life from the threat of the enemy.

I know that on Monday I talked about praying for your enemies and those who persecute you. I just want to clear things up a little bit.

We all have our own ideal world and just how perfect and flawless it should be. What if everyone respected one another and was compassionate and kind? The problem is we get so wrapped up in "this is how I wish the world to be and this is how the world will be" mindset that we're caught off guard when we're betrayed by our enemy. At this point, you know that idea of a perfect world has just gone down the drain.

There is no permanent solution to this problem. You can put a spiritual band-aid on the problem to partially deal with it. It may be effective in one sense, however, it may not do what you think.

What is the spiritual band-aid that I speak of? Prayer. Still, the reality is, you're still going to have enemies and those that find every way to not get along with you. Here's where prayer as a spiritual band-aid comes into the picture. Prayer helps to calm our fears and make us secure when we have enemies. If you have the heart of Christ then you're more willing to give your enemies a taste of Christ then act out of revenge. The purpose of prayer is not to be out of sight from our enemies and harm's way, but to be held in the arms of Christ and heaven above. Let us, Lord, find truth and reality in prayer as it provides us with eternal security not an escape route.

No comments: