Friday, March 19, 2010

Prayer is a Revolutionary Tool.

Isaiah 38:1-6
1 In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, "This is what the LORD says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover."
2 Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, 3 "Remember, O LORD, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes." And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
4 Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah: 5 "Go and tell Hezekiah, 'This is what the LORD, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will add fifteen years to your life. 6 And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city.


This is a great passage today. I recommend that you read all of Isaiah 38. It just shows how God uses your prayers (he loves it when you pray) to throw blessings back at you.

Hezekiah prays to God out of his faith with "wholehearted devotion." He even wept to reveal his true and honest feelings. Incredibly, God responds to Hezekiah by granting him with 15 more years of life along with protection from Assyria.

Later on in Isaiah 38, Hezekiah accepts the fact that he is ill because it is for a reason. Finally, Hezekiah proclaims that God's mercy is a saving grace for all of mankind.

God may not respond to all prayers by adding on years to your life. The way in which he does respond, however, is that which is in agreement to his will. The important thing to remember though is to pray to God with sincerity and devotion. You have to trust that God is leading you in the right direction.

Realize that Hezekiah was faithful in believing that nothing could separate him from the love of Christ. We're all just as worthy to receive today.

Lord, sometimes we all weep bitterly to you. Give me the strength and passion to trust in you Lord - that you will deliver me from my circumstances according to your will. Help me realize that you always hear me.

No comments: