Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Slow Response to Prayer.

Daniel 3:20-21
20 So he said, "Do you know why I have come to you? Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; 21 but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince.


You may be wondering how this is even a significant passage from the Bible. You say, but it has no effect when I read this. Actually, that's part of my point today.

How often do we go through life disappointed by something because we overreact, overlook, or react without giving something much though at all? You know, we don't see the forest for the trees. In other words, we don't see the big picture. You might not understand the main concept of this passage.

If, for example, you don't let someone finish a statement you can encounter some major misinterpretation. They may say: "I'm not going to give you this..." Before they can finish though you interrupt in anger not realizing how much a few more words could have changed the entire scenario.

That leads me to say sometimes we're just so impatient. We can't wait for anything in this technological demanding age. If we don't hear or see what we want to see, then we're blaming someone.

I'm here to say that prayers may appear to go unanswered for what seems like eons. However, unless you look at the big picture, you won't realize that there's usually a means to God's madness. His intentions are far greater than you realize. He wants to strengthen you and draw you closer to him.

No comments: