Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Godly Advertisement.

John 17:20-26
20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25 "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."


Even though Christmas is just about nine months away, the massive advertisements are about 6 or 7 months away. When the time comes, you can't help but notice all the deals and offers posted all around you.

I guess it doesn't even have to be a holiday ad; it can be a normal Sunday ad in the newspaper. Still, the exclamations catch our attention and seem to be intriguing. I know when I look in the ads I always learn about a new product, for example.

Notice that advertisements are all over the place...that's how Christians should be. We should be encouraging with our words and actions to lure someone into the faith not just because it's the right thing to do but because God calls us to do this. People see what is happening in our lives as Christians and use the image to make a judgment on whether or not to accept, believe, and live out the Christian faith. Prior to seeing us, some people may not have a clue about Christianity.

Pray that you are the light for others because God prayed that you would go out into the world with other followers and show a love that originates from the Lord. We're the advertisement selling the Christian faith - except it's priceless - an even better deal!

If someone were to open up your advertisement, what would it reveal about you? You know, it's the inside that really matters. Are you encouraging from the inside out? What's in you that makes others want God?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your devotions have evolved into such spirit filled messages. God is using you to reach people, he is giving you bigger and wider spiritual gifts everyday... very proud of you.