Monday, September 20, 2010

The Unseen and God's Will.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


Do you rearrange the furniture in a given room countless times in order to make it just right? Perhaps, the room just needs a good cleaning or a fresh paint job. No matter what you can't seem to get the right fit. The furniture doesn't feel cozy in any position. There's always some fault like the bed isn't adjacent to the window, so it' difficult to sleep. There may be dirt on the floor after we just vacuumed. The paint may have looked decent at the in-store display, but once it's on the walls in our house, it looks terrible. With any of these situations, the response is always: "Are you crazy? This will never as work!"

I'll admit, as a Christian, this is how we act sometimes. We overreact in our spiritual life and start to question God's work. I know I am right now. I think, "God what is this? Why am I doing this? This will never work out in a million years."

Guess what! Sometimes, it's just that we fail to look at the big picture, literally. After a month, you got used to the room setup, got over the floor quickly getting dirty again, and after the paint dried and a second coating was applied, you grew accustomed to it. It was just a matter of patience and having faith in what is unseen.

I know I've found it difficult to decipher God's will for me and wait patiently for anything positive to stem out of a situation at the same. I realize that God intends good for us all the time, but what if it wasn't God's plan to begin with? Did I jump the gun to soon?

I guess what I've picked up in my reading today is that God can always re-direct us when we get off track down the road. We're not always going to understand God's plan for us at every moment. We're not always going to understand what God has up his sleeve. I don't need to worry though. The best part of all is that I can see that God cares, loves, and is the best! He'll see me through. He'll see you through. He'll see us through.

No comments: