Monday, September 7, 2009

Pure Evil.

Proverbs 3:27-28
27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it,
when it is in your power to act.
28 Do not say to your neighbor,
"Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow"—
when you now have it with you.


On Saturday, I opened up my Bible and I read these two verses, among others, and it hit me. What am I holding back? Not only did this page include the scripture I put up here for you on Saturday, but the two verses that I'm sharing with you now. I don't find it ironic at all. It's a God thing, for sure.

I was devastated by the news that I heard on Friday afternoon. A friend of mine in my senior class, who I just got to know this year (in the last 10 days), lost her father. It wasn't just because of natural causes either. Instead, it had to be because of the evilness that exists in this world. He was shot and killed in his convenience store mostly likely because of a random robbery. How wrong is that? How is that fair? It's one of those situations where you wouldn't know how to calm someone. It's so difficult to say "be strong and keep believing" when something so tragic has happened.

It seems that this is going to be one of those circumstances where actions will prove to better than words. Of course one can say kind words - and practically anything - but you'd never know if they truly meant it until such words were presented.

Do you ever get that feeling that just never leaves your side? All weekend I've had the feeling that I needed to do something for her since God apparently placed me in her life just before a monumental crisis. Just like the Word says above, she deserves everything that can possibly be good. She is so caring and kind herself. How can I hold back from paying back the respect. At this point, I believe the least thing I can do for her is attend her father's funeral later today to show that I care about her. The best news in all of this darkness is that so many people support and care for her just like I do.

So, as you can see it's been a very sad weekend for me. Please pray that God will comfort and heal the family, including my friend's sister, her mother, and extended family. Thank you!

I wish there was an easy way to explain the message of the song "There Will Be A Day" (by Jeremy Camp - continuing on that kick) to the family. It's a great song to listen to when you're struggling...it provides a reassuring feeling.



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: