Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Power of God Exists in Our Weakness.

Romans 8:26
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.


Have you ever had one of those days where your tongue is tied and you're just eating your words constantly? Whatever you say doesn't make sense, not only to you, but to others as well. Sometimes though you know you couldn't possibly come up with the words that came out of your mouth and you realize that God intervened.

The same thing happens sometimes when I'm praying. Sometimes, I almost get so caught up in the moment that I'm speechless and I have no idea what to say as I come before God with my joys and concerns. It's like my mixture of emotions are eating up my words. Still, God has his ways. My heart may be heavy, but God can sift through that junk to listen to my prayers and even answer them. Obviously, my words are limited in this case, and God does an incredible thing. You know, that's why God gives us his spirit when we ever so feel the need for it. It makes our words not known to man, known to God. Even the groans, grumbles, and heartaches, God hears them all. He knows how we feel. For those unsaid prayers, God works using the Holy Spirit because he has the mighty strength and presence to understand them. I find it absolutely incredible that God can use his power to cancel out our weakness(es).

I may be at a loss for words, Lord, but you know how to fill my mouth. I know that you will answer my prayers as long as it coincides with your will. You know what I need before I can even come up with the words to ask you for it. Thank you for giving me your wonderful and oh so Holy Spirit.

A nice song to listen to on this Tuesday is Word of God Speak by MercyMe. Feel free to watch the video below.



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: