Wednesday, September 23, 2009

God is Holding You.

Hebrews 13:5
5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."


For the sake of this post, only look at the last two lines of the verse above in particular. It's so comforting to realize that God is so real.

I can't even begin to explain to you the vast array of emotions that I felt this weekend and on Monday as we remembered the life of my great uncle. There were times of sorrow as we grieved his lost and have grown to miss him. Still, there were just as many, if not more, times of laughter as we had so many stories to tell about this wonderful man.

He was a very dedicated individual in both his work and his beliefs. His deeds weren't unnoticed in his town. He was involved in countless organizations from Rotary to Boys and Girls Club. Many knew him and he even knew many celebrities, like Jack Nicklaus. I enjoyed hearing about his business connections with them or his run ins with celebrities on the golf course. I think my most treasured memory with my uncle was when we would eat blue's clues applesauce together when I was little. He never failed to tell me any story, especially his voyages around the globe.

It's these memories that gets us through these times.
It's a strong family that gets us through these times.
It's prayers that get us through these times.
Most of all though, I think it's God who gets us through these times. He reminds us that he can not promise tomorrow for the earth is temporary, but on the bright side, there are far bigger and better things up in heaven to be anticipating. I know Uncle Jack will welcome us all!

In the meantime, just remember God always has you in the palm of your hand. Make sure you do your part and hang on to your faith everyday.

Listen to the encouraging song "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman. I know Uncle Jack wouldn't want me to let go.



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: