Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Body's Various Functions.

1 Corinthians 12:14-16
14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body.


Hold it now, isn't this contradiction from yesterday? Didn't Paul just say that we're all one body brought together by the Spirit and given the same Spirit to drink?

Well, Christianity does involve unity, however, we're not all carbon copies of another. That would become monotonous. Sometimes I know I get the idea: "Man, why can't we all just be the same? Then, life would be so much simpler." While that may be somewhat true, how uneventful our lives would be! God devised a completely different plan. What is true is that we are brought together by the same everlasting Holy Spirit; we're just marked by different gifts and powers.

There's no doubt that our spiritual gifts define who we are and what our purpose is. This makes us all unique.

Make sure you're using your spiritual gifts as you should be. In fact, pray that God provides you with a clear picture of what your gifts are. May you have the full desire to use your gifts to serve the Lord and others.

You may think that you can live without a body part, but chances are, it was used for a specific reason at some point. The same goes for you as a member of the Body of Christ. If you find yourself questioning your role, pray as I said before, and be open to God's plan taking some time. Finally, I know that alone, "I'm No Superman" as the song from the television show "Scrubs" goes: "But I can't do this all on my own. No, I know...I'm no Superman."

No comments: