Monday, April 12, 2010

Your Instincts.

Psalm 4:8
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.


As always, it's a pretty ordinary day. There's nothing unusual about it. That is, until you get this really unusual feeling. Typically, it's when you're in the middle of something. It's not like you're sitting around waiting for that nudge.

I know specifically for me those nudges that I remember have been while driving. A couple times I have turned on a different street than normal because I have had a bad feeling. Of course, I don't know what would have happened, but I just followed my instinct. Another time, I hesitated a little longer than normal after the light turned green. It was a good thing because a car wasn't going to stop at the light and he went through. It's amazing what a little listening will do.

While I don't mull over the situation specifically, in times like those, I just wonder what held me back? Was there any reason or was it purely coincidental? Is it the same feeling that tells us to avoid certain turns on the highway of life?

It's more like "who held me back?" I always give credit to God. He's my safety blanket. I know if I'm observant and I am aware of those nudges, that chances are, they're probably from God. He has angels watching over every one of us.

Remember, you can thank your lucky stars all you want, but God is guiding you! Lord, grace us with your merciful presence when unforeseen circumstances come our way. In the same way, let us know when to keep going in life. Thank you, Lord, for your field of safety that surrounds us.

Here's a beautiful song from MercyMe: "Here With Me."



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: