Friday, July 31, 2009

God is Forever Powerful.

2 Corinthians 12:9
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.


Last year at vacation bible school the theme was Power lab, thus it was all about science and there were science buddies and fun. After saying the Bible point of the day like “God is with us” all the kids would say “Aha!” Aside from all that, we learned that God is very powerful.

On the third day of the mission trip we talked about being “free to know God’s power.” Power seems to appear in some people in great abundance, while some people it appears that they are hopeless with their lack of power. Perhaps, they haven’t found their true power. A week or so ago I mentioned that God is not only love, but he’s your true love. In the same way, God’s power is the truest power that anyone can receive. You just have to be open to receive his power so that you can express who are as an individual. Can I hear an Aha?!?!?!

Power is defined as “the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events; right or authority that is given to a person or body.” What makes you powerful? What makes you powerless?

If we look at Moses you can see God’s power at its best. I might add he didn’t see himself as being very powerful. The Israelites were being enslaved and God called Moses to be the saving grace and lead them to freedom. Moses being the person who he was said something like, “Are you kidding me God. Why does it have to be me?” He really got startled and nervous. Moses then said he wasn’t a very good public speaker but then The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." (from Exodus 4:11-12). Intense huh?

Notice the verse at the top of the post. Paul admits that we’re weak and imperfect. He basically says that we need God’s perfect and unfailing power! Isn't that true? Aha!

No comments: