Saturday, July 11, 2009

Movin' On.

Ezekiel 20:7
7 Then I said to them, ‘Each of you, get rid of the vile images you are so obsessed with. Do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt, for I am the Lord your God.’


Before I get into anything, I want to apologize if I offend anyone. This a highly opinionated post, but I think it's all pretty safe to say. You should also read the post from June 24.

We all know that Michael Jackson died more than two weeks ago. Since then, the King of Pop has been a hot topic in the news. Every where you look, even still today, you hear about him. It might be a new hidden detail about his life, information about his financial troubles, or pictures of his family/children. Everyday it's something.

I understand the fact that he is a legend. He's talented. He's also done many charitable deeds in his life. I give him lots of credit for that and I don't have anything against him. He made mistakes too, although I'm not sure if the allegations and trials five or so years ago were all true. I don't even remember the outcome. Even so, we all make mistakes and just plain mess up!

I just think the media is going a little crazy with all this attention even after his memorial service this past Wednesday. Just let him rest. The world has mourned already and that's all that they can do. I think the world is taking it too far as well. It shows just how much we look up to celebrities. Is that the right thing to do?

Sure, Jackson deserves a lot of respect and honor. I don't think it needs to last for days and weeks though. Why? It gets in the way of our relationship with Christ. If we can't move away from the idea that the world is a fragile, delicate, and vulnerable place then how will we ever get anywhere in life? It would be pretty hard. We absolutely have to move on. God doesn't want us to look at the past. He wants us to focus on the present and strengthen our relationship. How on earth can we do that when we're focused on the death of a celebrity? Is it safe to say he's an idol to million around the world? God does say we are to have no other Gods before him. NOTHING is to go before him.

I pray that the world can turn away from this tragedy. While I pray for his family and children to get through this difficult time, I pray that everyone else can turn back to their eternal life with God.

Again I hope this doesn't sound selfish. I just don't want you to get caught up and forget all about the KING of all KINGS!

God bless!