Wednesday, July 15, 2009

God's Work.

Genesis 1:14-18
14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.


I got back from Washington D.C. as of Tuesday night. I had an absolutely wonderful time even though I walked for what felt like a billion miles and still gained four pounds! I was with great people and more importantly a all out loving God for 5 days. We went to a conference that was beneficial to strengthening my relationship with God. This is going to be a informative few weeks or so when it comes to my blogs because I'll be discussing what I learned in D.C. for several days. Then, next week I leave for a mission trip to Alabama and I'll be telling you all about that the week after.

Overall we learned to BE who we are, LOVE everyone, and SERVE others starting at home. We had a pretty consistent schedule everyday with labs (small groups in the morning - with people we had never even met before), seminars in the afternoon, and worship and talks in the "big room" at night with everyone in one place as the body of Christ. Just like in April at Acquire the Fire, it was amazing to see the 4,000-5,000 teens and adults praising God at DCLA.

Everything was wonderful and I'll go into the specifics in the days to come. I want to say one thing that touched me was the testimonies at the end of the week. A handful of teens shared what they experienced. One teen said that he lost one parents at 8 years old and another at 11. He finally learned at DCLA that he is not alone - for he has God all the time. It's just amazing to see what God can do in other people and what you learn from them as well.

As I was returning home to sticky south Florida we were greeted by rain. I'm always thinking why it rains on particular days and why other days, there is not a drop of rain to be found. Not even five minutes before we pulled into the church parking lot Tuesday night, I saw a beautiful rainbow that reminded me of the fabulous work that God does in my life constantly and in addition what he did to me this week. God often speaks to us through nature and this time it's characterized by the presence of an amazing rainbow (I wish I took a picture of it). God has blessed me and I think the rainbow is reminding me to be a blessing to others also!

"Everything is Beautiful" by Starfield

P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: