Monday, November 24, 2008

Thank God There is a God.

Ephesians 1:15-23
15 Ever since I first heard of your strong faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for God’s people everywhere, 16 I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly, 17 asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. 18 I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.

19 I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. 21 Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come. 22 God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. 23 And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.


This week I want to talk about thankfulness and it's perfect because Thursday is Thanksgiving. The above scripture is Paul talking about what he is thankful for. It's his prayer of thanksgiving. I challenge you to re-read that at least once everyday this week.

Are you thankful for having God in your life? Let's have a reality check here. Wouldn't you feel a Christ-size (immense) hole in your heart without him? I would because I know he's with me during the day with each step I take.

So the first thing I should be thankful for is God. Who would give me forgive me completely for all my mistakes? Who could promise that if I was faithful I would have everything I need to survive? Who would constantly be my companion if relationships don't work out? Who is the reason I'm alive? The answer to all the above is God...who sent his Son to die for us! They both deserve praise.

The bottom line is that God deserves appreciation. Don't let this be just a Thanksgiving for family and friends but a Thanksgiving for God.

Just a "thank you" is a mighty powerful prayer. Says it all. ~Rosie Cash

Listen to the song "All Because of Jesus" by Fee. We sang this at youth last night. It's great!



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it buffer as it's called, for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: