Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Anger is an Emotion.

Mark 3:5
5 He looked around at them angrily and was deeply saddened by their hard hearts. Then he said to the man, “Hold out your hand.” So the man held out his hand, and it was restored!


What is the point in having an emotion such as anger? I mentioned yesterday that it reveals a lot about someone's character. That's true, but there's more. Anger is God-given. Anger is not a sin. It's alright to be angry. Jesus even got angry at times, as you can see in the verse above. It is a sin, however, when it consumes us so much that we become out of control and even violent. That is the part that truly reveals our character.

God did not make us perfect, so we are going to slip up and at times carry things too far. You can train yourself though and know that God is there for you, he can help suck the anger out of you.

“My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.” ~Jack Kerouac

For some reason, I'm not able to embed videos on here for this post. Hopefully I can figure it out. Here's a link. Go to this site:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCD9ls3iFQ

P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause. *I'll try to remember to include this blurb whenever there's a video to remind you what to do* =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you, your devotions are such a reflection of the time you spend with Christ. I was going to come up when you got upset when u were speaking and Dusitn came in and walked right up to you. I am so glad you guys are friends, I think all the mission trips have formed that bond of brotherhood for you two. It doesn't matter who the leader is, it matters who the followers are.
keep up the good work