Thursday, November 13, 2008

Message to the Veterans.

Ezekiel 34:25-31
25 “I will make a covenant of peace with my people and drive away the dangerous animals from the land. Then they will be able to camp safely in the wildest places and sleep in the woods without fear. 26 I will bless my people and their homes around my holy hill. And in the proper season I will send the showers they need. There will be showers of blessing. 27 The orchards and fields of my people will yield bumper crops, and everyone will live in safety. When I have broken their chains of slavery and rescued them from those who enslaved them, then they will know that I am the Lord. 28 They will no longer be prey for other nations, and wild animals will no longer devour them. They will live in safety, and no one will frighten them.
29 “And I will make their land famous for its crops, so my people will never again suffer from famines or the insults of foreign nations. 30 In this way, they will know that I, the Lord their God, am with them. And they will know that they, the people of Israel, are my people, says the Sovereign Lord. 31 You are my flock, the sheep of my pasture. You are my people, and I am your God. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!”


Today, I want to take some time to recognize the men and women who are or were in the military. I didn't get to mention this Tuesday and to tell you the truth thank you is not enough. So many have a story to tell. Whenever you see a verteran, you can just see the pride that they have for their country. Much as having God in our lives can change us, these men and women come back changed and affected in numerous ways from their deployment overseas.

I often wonder the magnitude of turmoil our country would be faced with if it weren't for them. Would I be able to sleep in my own bed? Would I be able to go outside without watching my back?

Take some time today, especially if you didn't think of it yesterday, to honor our Veterans. Be proud of them! Take a look at the video below.

May God bless them!

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." ~Cynthia Ozick



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause. =)

No comments: