Monday, December 28, 2009

Motivation to Change.

Matthew 2:12-16
12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route. 13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up," he said, "take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him." 14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son."
16 When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi.


I'm back from Tennessee after an enjoyable time with my sister, her husband, and my niece and nephews. It is always exciting to go out of town and spend time with them as I head north from Florida with my parents. The time can never be long enough though because I miss them as soon as I leave. Nonetheless, I had a wonderful and adventurous Christmas. I certainly hope you had a blessed one too!

Anyways, now that Christmas is over, sometimes it passes rapidly along with our spiritual life. If we're proactive however, we will carry our spiritual experience from the advent season into the new year, which is quickly approaching.

Take King Herod for example, who didn't want anything to do with the birth of Jesus Christ. After all, it meant big changes for him regarding the political structure of Israel since Christ was the King.

I think sometimes we get tired of the over-emphasis of Jesus' birth. This makes us weary of the changes we have to make and the goals we have to accomplish in order to have a strengthening relationship with God after Christmas.

Those changes we have to make may be unpopular, like attending Christian fellowship events or reading the Bible everyday. If that's what you're thinking, then it's something you have to get out of your mind. If you know Christ is your Savior, then you do everything in your power to get closer to him.

Whatever changes you feel that you're called to make, is an effort for God to make you more God-like in everything you do. Do you feel the strength to making any changes in your spiritual life?

P.S. Just so you know I added something to my posts everyday. You can now react to each post anonymously without leaving a comment. It's at the bottom of each post under "reactions." You can "agree" "disagree" or "so what" my posts. Hopefully I will learn a lot about my readers from this and it can give me some clues on what I need to improve upon or make more understandable.

No comments: