Saturday, August 15, 2009

Peace in Christ.

John 16:33
33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."


I saw this as a daily verse on a website. I thought it was absolutely perfect after what we talked about this week about being offered salvation and how we know that we've been granted salvation.

Thanks to Jesus Christ and the fact that he accepted God's calling, he conquered sin and death. He brings light to our lives. We can have eternal life in heaven because of him. In the middle of our pain and difficulties we can be offered a great deal of peace. It's all preparation for the one day when we will win an eternal victory in heaven.

Don't think of peace as having a lack of suffering. Instead, think of peace in Jesus and his promise he has especially for you! If you think of it in any other way then you're never going to understand what it means to be truly at peace with the Lord. It's going to be another daily struggle and you don't want that.

Think about what peace in Christ means. I pray that you now think of the word peace in a different context. You're not free from the pain of the world, but you're free from dealing with the pain of the world on your own. Jesus has overcome and defeated earth so that you can see the light shine through everything else. For his light is brighter than all the light you have seen. His light is brighter than the sun. It will always show you the way.

“If the blind put their hand in God's they find their way more surely than those who see but have not faith or purpose.” ~Helen Keller

P.S. I'm going on a mission trip to Haiti; I'm leaving on Monday morning. Please be in prayer that as a team we stay safe and healthy while serving the Lord in that country. Hopefully I'll have time to write devotions for next week before I leave. Check back and see. Remember, I don't write one on Sundays. God Bless!

EDIT on 8/16-- I DID NOT HAVE TIME TO WRITE ANY MORE POSTS BEFORE LEAVING. I WILL CONTINUE NEXT WEEK WHEN I GET BACK!

No comments: