Monday, August 31, 2009

Be Accepting.

Proverbs 10:8
8 The wise in heart accept commands,
but a chattering fool comes to ruin.


I sure appreciated sharing my thoughts with you on Haiti last week. There's so much that is still going through my head so I'll probably lay some of that down on here every now and then. In the meantime, if you have questions, concerns, or comments about Haiti or anything relating to God, feel free to drop me an e-mail, I'll try my best to answer. Also, pray for the HOLD the children sponsorship program. It's great and I hope at least one of you will look into it or even pass it onto someone who might be interested. It's only $30 a month, and you can help so many! Visit http://www.holdthechildren.com/ for more information about this.

I shared a testimony Sunday in church about my trip to Haiti. It always feels good to let other people know my experiences or at least try to share them with others. Part of what I talked about was the responsibility that we have to bless others who are not as fortunate. I know I live in the United States, so I do my best to help others all around the country and, even, outside the country.

God calls for us to help others. What do you when you see the things that God asks of us though? Do you look away and say "Oh God, that's not for me"? Do you make excuses? Do you delegate those good deeds to others and tell God "Oh, somebody else will take care of that for me"? Or do you accept the command and take the deed as your responsibility? You should, as a Christian, obey God, and do as he asks of you. As the scripture says, a wise man will accept God's commands to be a blessing and a fool will avoid his commands.

I want you to think about this thought today on this last day of August: Who am I? Which type of person are you? A wise man or a foolish man? Say a prayer that God will show you how to be obedient and make you into the being who you are meant to be, according to HIM.

Here's the song "My Desire" by Jeremy Camp. The lyrics are on the right under the picture of the guy (click more info) if you want to sing along. Enjoy!



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: