Friday, August 28, 2009

Jesus is Coming!

Revelation 1:8
I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is,
and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."


The bottom line here is that Jesus was here and is going to come again. We often think about the past when scriptures tell us that Jesus died for our sins. He didn't want us to live the rest of our lives battling with our sins.

From this, I also gather that the Lord was, is, and always will be the one, true God. I find it interesting that it mentions here the Alpha and the Omega. I'm sure every denomination has a different take on it, but honestly I haven't studied too much in the book of Revelation before. I did notice that Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, while Omega is the last. I found that interesting simply because Jesus died for all our sins from alpha to omega, equivalent to our A to Z and he is the comforter through all our problems...through thick and thin...through our alpha and omega.

The Lord our God is "the Almighty." Dictionary.com defines almighty as "having unlimited power; omnipotent, as God and having very great power, influence, etc."

I find it interesting too that in Haiti I heard a lot about the Second coming of Jesus Christ. For whatever reason, they seem to recognize that more than I'm used to hearing. I suppose it's a good reminder for all of us that we never know when we're going to be on the forefront with God. The day of judgment will arrive and we will get to see for ourselves what God thinks about us.

The song "You Are My All in All" AKA "Jesus Lamb of God" was one of the songs that I recognized over in Haiti. Of course it was all in Creole, but I could still recognize the tune. What a God moment. I also realized that you don't have to speak the language to feel the presence of the spirit. It doesn't matter where we are, in fact there doesn't even have to be a roof over our heads! It's a slow song, but that shouldn't take away from the meaning. If anything, it should give you time to get into the spirit.



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: