Monday, November 16, 2009

Wayfest 2009.

2 Chronicles 5:113
13 The trumpeters and singers joined in unison, as with one voice, to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang:
"He is good;
his love endures forever."
Then the temple of the LORD was filled with a cloud,


This past Saturday I attended the annual wayfest concert that is near me. This was my second year going and it was an inspiration. Besides, seeing a number of people excited to worship God, I was pleased to see many really good Christian bands, such as Sarah Reeves, Seven Glory, VOTA, DecembeRadio, Superchick, Barlow Girl, Matt Redman, and Casting Crowns! Casting Crowns is pretty much my favorite band so that was the main reason I went.

Still, they all have unique voices and wonderful songs. There's always at least one song per artist that touches me. Aside from singing, they're great speakers too. Many times they give a testimony or mini-message during their time on stage. There's always so much to learn from every one of them.

I remember Barlow Girl asked us if we knew who we were as Christians. This kinda ties back to what I discussed last week about just "going through the motions." Honestly, I can't remember too much else of what she said, but I know she had a good message. It's just hard to distinguish between everyone's message, even just a day or so afterward.

Mark Hall, the lead singer for Casting Crowns spoke too. I knew he was good because, although I've never seen a concert, I have heard him speak at a youth conference. I remember more about what he had to say since he was the last one on stage. On Saturday night, he talked about how he feels like he sins all the time, and he's learned that he's not the only one. He stresses the importance of the church, yet says how we need to be cautious that we don't depend on others because they won't always be right there. However, God will be there. He said that in church a lot of times we name off all the people who are sick (which isn't a bad thing) but sometimes we forget to pray for ourselves and others' relationship with God.

One thing Mark said really stood out as he was talking about making a difference in the world and doing good deeds for the Kingdom of God: "Don't think you fail at anything because you can't do everything!"

For the next eight days or so, I plan to show you a song from every one of the artists mentioned above. Hope you enjoy them. Today's is "Sweet Sweet Sound" by Sarah Reeves.



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: