Friday, November 6, 2009

Setting Goals.

Proverbs 16:3
3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.


Have you ever made a goal for yourself, at least in the short term? I'm sure everyone has at some point, even if it involves something as simple as stating what you plan to get done tomorrow.

I constantly make goals, especially short term, and don't always succeed. I tell myself I'm going to get this and this done, when sometimes, I don't quite get there.

In this Proverb, I feel confidence being conveyed. If only I could trust the Lord to help me accomplish everything, then I WILL be successful. Instead, I usually put all the pressure on myself to get the job done. In reality, I'm only making myself more discouraged.

If you glorify God, then you are surrendering to his will. It is impossible to guide ourselves alone, so that's why we need God. God wants to bless our lives with his plan. However, that means we have to set aside our selfish ambitions. He does this so we can eternally benefit.

Lord, let us accept your will so that we can glorify your name. Lead us to your grace!

No comments: