Monday, August 18, 2008

Fitting God Into Your Busy Schedule.

Ephesians 5:15-17
15 So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.


For my very first post, this is a perfect topic to go over for a couple reasons. First, this was the last sermon at my church by the assistant pastor, Rich, who was with us for 10 1/2 years! He did incredible work at our church. A few months ago he found himself in a position where he could move up to Maryland to lead a church. He accepted it, as he felt it was a call from God. You can tell he has God first in his life as that's a big move and he's doing it all for God! Just last week he moved up there and he and his family will be dearly missed by members of the church. That leaves us with one less pastor, however you must have complete trust in God that Pastor Rich is going to be in the right place and that he will be able to change lives in Maryland like he did in our community by sharing God with others. Pastor Rich is a good example of having God on his schedule.

Meanwhile, I procrastinate a lot when it comes to assignments...a school assignment, an around the house assignment, and even an assignment given by God. The assignment from God this time was to start a blog. I know it's not right to procrastinate, however I don't realize how vital a mistake it was until after the fact...every single time. I tell myself I have to stop this, but instead I just keep on doing the same darn thing over and over again.

This is where the phrase "live as if there was no tomorrow" comes into play. What if I died tomorrow? I would never have accomplished my all important assignment. There would not be any time for regret. My life would be over. If only...If only I just did what I had to do first.

Thankfully, I'm still alive today and after weeks of thinking about starting this blog, I finally have. Know that if you hear something good, then it's probably from God. If it's bad, it could be your conscience or even worse, the devil. We all have to remember that whatever God tells us to do, we need to act immediately. Sometimes it may not be possible to do something that day because it's a long process, for example. Don't just sit there and do nothing though. You were given a life to seek out a purpose. God has dreams for you, so don't give up. Also, use good time management. You want to be remembered how you lived, not how you died. Anything for the kingdom of God shouldn't wait another day!

"To live with the conscious knowledge of the shadow of uncertainty, with the knowledge that disaster or tragedy could strike at any time; to be afraid and to know and acknowledge your fear, and still to live creatively and with unstinting love: that is to live with grace." ~Peter Henry Abrahams

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so good. I luv reading what you have to say and I am so impressed at how you listen to God. I sometimes think that certain people have an open line to God you are one of those people. one day I will get to say I knew tyler when.....
God Bless you and all you do.
pam

Follower said...

This is very good. I know I will be blessed by your writings.
AWE