Sunday, October 17, 2010

Treatment of Others and Eternal Life.

Matthew 25:41-46
41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."


Welcome back!

What if we saw everyone in the image of Christ? What if we treated everyone as if they were Christ? I know things would be so much different. Compassion and kindness would certainly exist. Hospitality wouldn't be unheard of. The words that flow off our tongue and out of our mouth would completely change its pattern and 'not conform to the pattern of the world.' It would be easier to understand the suffering, pain, and trials of others. We could easily love every neighbor!

Jesus wants our kindness toward others to dominate. He says that if we exhibit cruelty and evilness toward people, then we WILL suffer the consequences. Everything may be hunky dory on earth, however, that won't be the case after our time here. Remember, we will be judged not on whether we go to church every Sunday, but rather how we serve the Lord, and thus his people.

Lord, thank you so much for everyone around us. Even when we're having a bad day or we're not treated fairly by someone, remind us how much you value everyone even if we slip. May the Holy Spirit work to reveal this power in strong ways.

The song I want to share with you today is "Won't You Be My Love" by MercyMe. It's a nice song for a Monday!

No comments: