Friday, October 8, 2010

Open Arms.

Romans 14:1
1 Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.


God is good and when he sent Christ to die for us, that is a blessing that I think we ignore too often. I know I mentioned it after my first week of summer semester up here at Florida State University, but at the Wesley Foundation, I felt very welcome to immediately call it my new church because of the church body. Between their offers to go to lunch, and their willingness to get to know me, Christian fellowship is such a blessing. Now, I still don't feel any different. Everyone there sees me in the image of God.

Similarly, I started pledging a Christian fraternity this semester, Kappa Upsilon Chi (KYX). Despite any thoughts to drop KYX earlier in the semester due to my lack of patience or understanding, God has always pulled through and showed me the importance of having brothers living and knowing Christ along with me. The brothers who have been involved in the organization were kind and welcoming to me as well. Clearly their emphasis is brotherhood in Christ. It's something I think is necessary to maintain my faith. I'm sure many other teens could use that too. (I'll likely write a little more KYX once the semester is over).

In both cases, past failures and sin are not meant to bring you down. They're only meant to help you grow. They're not meant to judge you, but rather, hold you accountable. Any struggles are meant to be brought to the table in these two atmospheres where God is clearly present.

It is my goal to show others (and bring them into) the love of God's family just as I have been led to and because God has welcomed me with his graciousness.

No comments: